Thursday, January 15, 2009

Painting, painting everywhere and not a pic to post

I have been painting quite a bit the past few days but have nothing to show for my progress. I think the problem lies in my current attention span. I am currently painting my 28mm SYW Bavarians for the Bring you own Battalion (BYB) game at the SYW convention in March. I have been painting fusiliers assembly line approach so I have 12 fusiliers with the flesh painted and basic colors blocked in but none finished. The remainder of my 28mm Crusader Bavarians arrived two days ago so now I have 48 fusiliers with command, 8 grenadiers and a 3 lb. cannon with 4 crew. Also in the order were the Governor and the Governor's Daughter miniatures from Black Scorpion. I started painting the Governor and his daughter and am now in the "what color should I paint there outfits" holding pattern, plus had a question posted on TMP about how to paint make-up. So I started working on 10mm dragoons. In 10mm my squadrons will be 6 figs per stand, so I have 3 painted up as Tradgardland inspired uniforms but have run across a strange issue with the mini, they seem to have bed rolls or sashes around their shoulders. I will try and post a picture tomorrow, I am not sure what they are or how they should be painted. So, there it is a great amount of painting with nothing to show. Oh well I will try and get some things finished and posted this weekend.

On another note, I have the Cavenderian diplomats finished and in envelopes ready to be mailed out this Saturday and Nic from Eureka sent me 6 more so I should be starting on them by next week. I have the new diplomats names and destinations but wish to wait until they are complete to post them. That is the current state of affairs here in Cavenderia, hope everyone else is enjoying painting this winter as much as me.

6 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Exciting work proceeding in Cavenderia- I look forward to the pics...
Alan

Capt Bill said...

All of Beerstein is anxious for the arrival of our newest Ambassadore, Signori Moretti. Our Ambassador, Gen Graf Joffery von Slitz will be dispatched by return mail. Best regards...Wilhelm von Beerstein

Bluebear Jeff said...

Saxe-Bearstein also eagerly awaits.

One of the things about painting in an assembly line fashion is that it seems like nothing is getting done . . . and then a whole lot of figures are done.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

Looking forward to pictures when you have something show for all the painting effort.
I haven't painted anything since going away for the holidays, but I did get a battle started so that's good.

Prinz Geoffrey said...

Thanks for the support fellas, hope to have something to show soon.

MurdocK said...

all I can say is persistence pays off...

Focus would also have a positive effect. It would seem to me that the units needed for the event in March should have first priority?