Monday, September 8, 2008

Mustering the Troops



In order to start an army one needs troops. I decided that I would enlist the help of my friends in order to design the uniforms of the army of Cavenderia. I sent out a blank Austrian uniform template from the Not by Appointment blog http://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/ as the basis for the uniforms of Cavenderia. If you have not been to the Not by Appointment blog you should definitely check it out, the owner does great work and I may commision him to do a flag for me some day. The template is here. I asked my friends to become inhabers of their own regiments, using their favorite illustration program to color in the uniform. I have placed no restrictions on the design so Cavenderia should be a colorful nation indeed. My wife has supplied the first uniform to date and therefore her regiment has been given the designation "Die Dame's FuB" or the Queen's foot, Infantry regiment #1 (IR-1). I will detail her regiments colors and origin later this week.


To get the wargaming started as soon as possible I will be translating the uniforms sent in by the inhabers into paper minis from http://juniorgeneral.org/ Junior general makes paper figs for various periods and I have used them in the past to playtest different rules. to the left is a set of German fusiliers that will be the rank and file for Cavenderia until lead minis can be acquired.
Finally, once the battles have started I will be painting up the regiments I have been trying to decide between my standard 10mm old glory/pendraken combination or 18mm Eureka. I will provide photos of each for debate but I am leaning toward the 18mm. I will list the regiments as they are mustered. If anyone outside my circle of friends wants to submit a regiment feel free.

2 comments:

abdul666 said...

Your project is progressing at a brisk pace: cheers!
Jean-Louis

Fitz-Badger said...

Welcome! Great idea sending out templates and recruiting inhabers! And using those paper minis until you get more solid ones ready.