Saturday, September 13, 2008

Friday night gaming

Not really a gaming night last night but a brainstorming session. My friend Ray, experienced game desinger, and I playtested a game I have been working on. The outcome was pretty satisifying and I look forward to discussing it in more detail as we iron out the wrinkles. The Dame's FuB have inspired the Prinz to design his regiment in a similar fashion. Prinz Geoffrey has elected to retain the cornflower blue jacket and embelish it with his own style. I will be posting images of IR-2 Prinz Geoffrey very soon. I am currently not in possesion of a decent digital camera therefore I will soon be acquiring a new one to put up some pics of the first two (2) regiments in paper mini and to put up some pics of my style of painting. I have quite a few 6mm, 10mm and 18mm Austrians and Prussians painted up. My first order of Eureka 18mm Austrians has arrived so I will be base coating them and painting up a battalion of Die Dame's FuB later this month. Hopefully I will have a decent camera by then. Being summer it is more difficult to get the gaming group together but we are working on a large SYW game soon. Our local gaming convention Charcon in Charleston, West Virginia is set to run October 18, I am looking forward to it. Last year I ran the first day of the battle of Gettysburg in 10mm, this year the theme is horror so I am at a bit of a loss may still attempt to throw something together.

aufwiedersehen.

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Horror is it? Why not come up with a "Vlad the Impaler" scenario from eastern Europe?

You could title it "Transylvanian Terror" of something like that. He was a real life figure after all.


-- Jeff

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Prinz Geoffrey,

Just a brief note to let you know that I've added a link to Cavenderia from the Grand Duchy of Stollen blog.

Best Regards,

Stokes