Monday, September 22, 2008

IR-2 in Paper, my painting style

Printed out IR-1 and mounted for Might and Reason, flanked by a couple of French allie Regiments. My gaming buddies and I have played the initial Warburg Scenario from Might and Reason and enjoyed it quite a bit. I am going to transfer my regiments to 18mm Eureka SYW and a mix of Old Glory and Pendraken 10mm for gaming. Below are a few examples of what I hope to accomplish with my Cavenderia Army.

When I started the SYW period I thought I would try out Baccus 6mm figs for Might and Reason. I was inspired by http://syw6mm.googlepages.com/home. The figs are pretty detailed for being so small and paint up rather easily. My wargaming buddies liked the scale and purchased some Prussians to fight my Austrians.

Right is a photo of some 10mm Old glory figs painted up as Austrian German Fusilier Troops.

I really like using 10mm for grand tactical. I have used 6mm and 15mm and will continue to use all scales but 10mm may be my favorite.


Left: I read a review of Eureka's 18mm Prussians on http://www.deepfriedhappymice.com/ and bought some. I am glad I did they look very nice and proportional. I am using their Austria line as the basis for my Cavenderia troops.






Right: Future Leib Battalion IR-1 Die Dame's FuB, 18mm by Eureka.

I will upload images of the regiments as they make their way from paper to metal. I plan on including some step-by-step instruction in future blogs for beginners. Currently I am a big fan of Kevin Dallimore and his painting system. I have been coloring and re-coloring my own regiment but feel that I am almost entirely pleased with the latest version and should have some pics of IR-2 Prinz Geoffrey soon.

4 comments:

MurdocK said...

Welcome to the world of Imagi-nations!

Hopefully all will go well for you in your army building plans.

Bluebear Jeff said...

I hope that you received the 'uniform' that I emailed you the other day.

I like the look of the smaller figures en mass, but I'm afraid that my old eyes now require me to use larger figures . . . one of the 'benefits' of age I suppose.

I look forward to reading more of your Cavenderia posts.


-- Jeff
http://saxe-bearstein.blogspot.com/

Snickering Corpses said...

Looking quite interesting so far, sir. I'm using 25-30mm for my SYW figures, but have been painting 10mm ACW troops lately.

Fitz-Badger said...

Nice troops (both paper and small miniatures).
I'm with Jeff as far as eyesight goes. I could probably paint the smaller minis if I got very strong reading glasses, but then I'd have a hard time with them on the table I think.